Saturday, November 1, 2008

La Tale Bravery

La Tale is my latest gaming addiction. It is also a MMORPG, the type of game I've pretty much always sworn off as being evil wastes of time. La Tale is likely still an evil waste of time, but it's an evil waste of time I actually really enjoy.

To the picky MMORPGers, La Tale probably isn't much. Quests, grind, quests. And it's true, there's lots of quests. Then there's the grinding. But what makes La Tale, like many other MMORPGs, fun? Playing with other people.

Witness in this screenshot, the bravery of my comrade.

That right there, would be my character's dead body. You see, when we teleported to the next part of the mountain we were on, we unwittingly stepped right in the midst of three very big, angry bears. Not happy cuddly bears, but big angry bears that craved human blood and flesh.

Grabbing on to my character, they began to play a fun game of keep away with her, tossing her back and forth while violently depleting her HP bar like crazy. I thought it would be okay, however, since I assumed my friend would jump in and help out.

Wrong.

I watched in utter horror and lolz as 'SSJSoerl' turned and ran in the opposite direction, as my character's dead/unconscious self was tossed the other way.

I eventually got my revenge by running away when he was attacked by exactly eleventy jillion enemies at once.

That brings me to my La Tale/MMORPRG tip of the day!

When you have to travel to a place filled with enemies that might kill you, bring bait (ie, one of your friends). When you're traveling in that enemy filled place, always keep your bait in between yourself and the enemy at all times. Just don't tell the other person what you're up to. Make sure to keep an open for the exit at all times, or better yet, keep a warp stone or spell on hand. That way when your bait starts getting ripped to shreds, you can make a hasty exit. Unannounced.

Bonus points if you loot rare items and money in the process and don't share later.

No comments:

Post a Comment